Monday, May 25, 2009

Very Expensive Striped Sweater


Ray the Grain Guy may know about Grain but not about fashion !
I bought this sweater new at Walmart 2 weeks ago. I had it in the office before I even put it on and was getting teased because of the stripes ! It was new and my size and it cost $2.00 plus tax.. that was good enough for me !
The recommendations at the elevator were that it should only be worn at a cabin... hmmm.... so , thursday night we went to my brothers cabin at Killarney and I thought of the sweater. I took it along and did wear it there. Gail dropped me off at the elevator Friday morning, It was cool (the temperature not the sweater) and so I put the sweater on in public ! Lot's of teasing right away....suggestions that I should stand sideways so that they would appear to be vertical stripes... then in comes a producer named Larry ! He hadn't heard all the comments but the first thing he said was... maybe he had been in the farm chemicals too long that day as the sweater was making him dizzy.... then he had the same suggestion to lean over sideways creating vertical stripes... ( Stick with the story just a little longer. I do have a point ! ) I told him it cost $2... he said he'd give me $5 to not wear it...
That got me thinking... I said... Larry, if you donate $100 to the CFGB I will take off the sweater and never wear it again...there was even talk of burning it....
He thought for a second and said that was a very good cause... he reached in his wallet and gave me a $100 bill ! That's one half a Kernels acre !
Even it we just got that matched 4 to 1 by CIDA that turns into a $500 sweater ! I removed the sweater and it is now pinned to the wall as a conversation piece ! A very good return has resulted from my fashion sense !