Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ugly Sweater wears on !




Larry Fast farms near Rivers, Manitoba. He knows farming and fashion ! He was who started the Ugly Sweater Saga by critiqueing the sweater Ray had bought new for $2 and was wearing . Larry paid $100 to the CFGB if I promised to not wear the sweater ever again. Since that would be $500 with the matching CIDA funds I agreed to the plea. Then Greg wore it for one day! He didn't like the sweater either but he was responsible for a good size pledge from staff and customers for the CFGB. Then the sweater story gets better. This spring I made a CFGB presentation to The Justice Mennonite Church and I challenged Larry to wear it for an entire Sunday . The congregation warmed to the idea of the warm sweater and had lot's of fun at the same time. Larry eventually wore the Ugly sweater and the pledges collected for this effort were $1550. Incredible ! So now my poor taste in clothing matched with my eye for deals has resulted in about $9500 that has went to people in need in Africa. Turning something bad into something good for so many ! Larry's pictures are above ... ( I still think the sweater is kinda okay )


Would anyone like to borrow the sweater ?


Ray the Grain Guy